Warrior Hearted Scholarship Guidelines
Criteria – Who is Eligible?
- Those who legally reside within Los Angeles and Orange Counties
- Must have a medical diagnosis, current IEP, or current 504.
A copy of at least one of these must be submitted with application
- Must have a financial need or compelling special circumstances
- Applicant must not have been awarded a scholarship within the past 12 calendar months.
Scholarships will not be awarded for:
- Medical cost
- Legal fees or costs
- Private education
Scholarship award amount: Not to exceed $500.00
Scholarship Eligibility Provisions:
- Scholarships will not be awarded if requested service is covered by applicant’s medical insurance.
- If scholarship is for service, the service provider must be properly accredited.
- If requested service is a Regional Center provided service, we will require a denial of service letter from the Regional Center.
- If scholarship is for equipment (e.g., wheelchair ramp etc.), it must be accompanied with an insurance denial letter.
- Application will be reviewed and decision notification sent to applicant within 60 days of application receipt.
- No scholarships will be awarded when the service or equipment provider is a member of Warrior Hearted Board of Directors. If such a scholarship is requested, providers other than those on the Board of Directors will be investigated and pursued to meet the requested need.
Disbursement and Tracking of Scholarship Money:
- Invoice for scholarship award money must be sent directly from service provider
- Warrior Hearted must receive invoice directly from service provider within 180 days of notification of approval
- Any scholarship award not used within 180 days of approval date will be deemed void.
Warrior Hearted will consider scholarships throughout the year as long as funds are available.